English as a Second Language
ESL is designed for people who want to grow and mature in their faith while learning English. It is an immersion program with a curriculum based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks that provides the daily opportunity to study and communicate in English while growing in God’s Word and His Spirit.
- Improve English comprehension in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Grow in knowledge and understanding of the Bible
- Develop confidence in God’s ability to use ESL students in English ministry situations
- Preparation for entry into the mainstream Bible program.
- English immersion combined with an intensive English program with Biblical studies
- Students are assessed at the beginning of the year and placed in one of three levels (CLB 1-8) most appropriate for their ability
- Daily English classes taught by qualified, experienced ESL instructors.
- Maximum ESL class size of ten students.
- Special tutoring offered for Bible classes.
- Travel in western Canada on ministry trips.
- Opportunities to use English in ministry situations.
- Enjoy Canadian cultural experiences.
- Live with Canadian students in dorms, and make new friends